- To ensure the quality and freshness of our products, we ship chocolates Monday through Thursday in the Oregon and Washington state (for delivery by Friday/Saturday), and Monday through Wednesday nationwide (for delivery by Friday or Saturday). This is so that your chocolates arrive to you within two days of being shipped — not after being in a warm warehouse over the weekend. Orders will be shipped within 2-3 days of being received, and sooner if possible.
- Should the chocolates arrive defective by fault of manufacture, please contact us and we would be more than happy to replace it.
- We use USPS Priority Mail for all our means for shipping. USPS Priority Mail will get the package to its destination within 2-3 day including Saturdays anywhere within the United States.
- Our products are packed and shipped using shipping materials to ensure their safe delivery. Chocolates going to warm destinations and during warmer seasons (above 65 – 70 degrees and below 90 degrees) need warm weather protection. This option is available under the Shop page. The charge for Warm Weather packaging is $7.00. It can help your chocolate shipment cope with warm weather, but there are limits and so we highly recommend shipping to an address where someone will be able to receive the package when delivered. Chocolate left outside your home all day may be damaged by weather that is too hot, cold, rainy or humid. Petits Noirs cannot be responsible for damages if you (or the recipient of a gift) are not present at time of delivery and for damages as a result of the delay in claiming the package. Also, Petits Noirs cannot be responsible for heat damage if you instruct us to ship without Warm Weather Protection.
- If the weather is above 90 degrees, we strongly discourage from shipping the order, since the items would most like arrive melted or damaged.
- We will not be responsible for packages that are returned as undeliverable. If a returned package needs to be re-shipped, a second shipping charge will apply. If the products have melted due to excessive time away, a second product charge will also apply.